Abdominal Scar Massage Therapy
There are a number of reasons as women we might bear abdominal scars. Two of the most common ones are from a C-section birth or from hysterectomy.
Aftercare in the public sector from abdominal surgery isn’t quite holistic enough and there are huge gaps in recovery knowledge into what you can do to help your scar tissue heal. Scar tissue regrows in a different orientation to ‘normal tissue’ which is why they are visible to the eye and can also feel different. Scars can be seen on the surface of the skin, but they usually go deeper than the eye can see.
Soft tissue therapy, educated movement, nutrition, hydration and stress control can all aid recovery from abdominal surgery. I can help you with all these elements which are vital for optimal recovery.
For more info on hysterectomy scar work, you can watch this video:
For more info on c-section scar work, watch my explanatory video:
Scar Soft Tissue Therapy can work wonders for:
- Smoothing out the immediate area to improve the aesthetics of your tummy
- Numbness or pain in the immediate area
- Swelling around the scar
- Reduced mobility of the abdominal wall or low back
- Pain in movement
- Feeling of the area being ‘stuck’
- Discomfort with deep breaths
- Connecting with breath and your core
When to come?
I would always advise coming for scar massage whenever you are ready both physically and emotionally.
A post-surgery check and sign off is vital at the 8-10 week time but ultimately it is up to you.
Scars of any age respond to soft tissue therapy so it is never too late.
How many sessions will I need?
Whereas you might well notice a difference after one treatment, scar work needs a little more love as soft tissue takes time to respond to touch, so scar treatment packages come in 4 appointment bundles.
Included in your treatment package is:
- An in-depth consultation and history of your scar
- A full scar and mobility assessment
- Breathing assessment and techniques
- Methods for self-massage with instruments and a video of how to work on your scar in your own time giving you tools for life
- Lotion for scar massage (please advise me of any allergies)
Single appointment £65
4 appointments £240
I offer a range of other scar therapies, including:
- Appendix removal (appendectomy)
- Gallbladder removal
- Bowel surgery
- Hernia surgery
- Breast reconstruction
- Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck)